Plan your trip to…
1. Which suitcase to choose? Soft ones for short trips and hard ones for long trips or for stopovers.
2. Carry the essential things with you, since there is a chance your suitcase may get lost.
3. Use cellophane to divide clothes inside the suitcase.
4. Wear the clothes that occupy the most space.
5. Always carry hermetic bags, which can be very useful for any last-minute unexpected problems.
6. Optimise your toilet bag to avoid any unwanted surprises.
7. Bring versatile clothing, although make sure it looks good because it will be in the photos you are going to keep and see for the rest of your life.
8. Choose your footwear carefully and bring three pairs at most: trainers, flip flops and shoes or hiking boots. Make sure you bring something elegant for when you go for a few drinks.
9. Save 20% of the suitcase for anything you may bring back.
10. If the clothes are creased after the trip, you can use the home method of taking a hot bath and hanging the clothes in the bathroom, so the steam can get rid of the creas
2.- Phone numbers of interest
- State Police: 091
- Emergencies: 112
- Fire service: 002
- Medical emergencies: 080
- Spain prefix: +34
- Barcelona prefix: 93
Alioli: Typical of Catalan cuisine, made with olive oil and garlic.
Romesco: Sauce to eat with calçots cooked with tomatoes, garlic, bread, peppers, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and two indispensable nuts, almonds and hazelnuts.
Pa amb tomàquet: Piece of bread smeared with tomato, oil and salt.
Butifarra: Pork tripe, similar to sausages, which can be stuffed with mushrooms, roquefort.
Escalivada: Variety of vegetables baked and seasoned with olive oil and salt, such as eggplant, pepper, onion.
Escudella: Variety of vegetables baked and seasoned with olive oil and salt, such as eggplant, pepper, onion.
Calçots: Similar to the onion that is grilled or battered and friedserved with romesco sauce.
Crema catalana: Custard with a caramelised sugar top.
Panellet: Small and sweet cake made of sugar, almonds and eggs.We found it in Catalonia in November.
Neules: Pipe-shaped wafers.Which are eaten at Christmas.
Best areas to eat in
In Barcelona you will find all kinds of restaurants throughout the city. The best known areas are the Boquería Market, Gothic Quarter, Las Ramblas and the Olympic Port.
4.- Leisures Areas
Wew recomend you:
Barceloneta and Vila Olímpica seafront promenade: Where you will find the best discos of the Olympic Port with terraces on the beach.
Uptown (Aribau): Located near the Paseo de Gracia, area to go out at night, where you will find bars, discos and good restaurants.
Eixample: Where you will find the most famous streets and squares of the city, such as Paseo de Gracia, Rambla de Catalunya, Plaza Catalunya and the Gran Vía de las Cortes Catalanas. For its bars and restaurants, it is ideal for drinking drinks and tapas.
Gràcia: This area is reserved for people who live in Barcelona, so it is little visited by tourists, full of bars, terraces and placas.
Passeig de Gràcia
Portal de l’Àngel
Carrer Princesa and Carrer de l’Argenteria
Carrer dels Tallers
7.- Different places
Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
Palacio de la Música Catalana
8.- With kids
National Art Museum of Catalonia (MNAC)
European Museum of Modern Art (MEAM)